Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Make Me Wanna Holler

#1 R&B song on this day in 1971
the great 
Marvin Gaye's
'INNER CITY BLUES'
"...make me wanna holler, the way they do my life...
...bills pile up sky high, send that boy off to die...
...make me wanna holler, throw up both my hands...
...violence increasing, trigger happy policemen...
...panic is spreading, Lord knows where we're heading..."

Sound familiar?
Like, 'WHAT'S GOING ON' now?
Marvin was truly ahead of his time,
and, yeah, what goes around...

Many of my fellow Tejas Vegans
are in Round Rock for the
23rd Annual Lone Star Veggie Chili Cookoff

Blissful Chef, and Blissful Bites author,
Christy Morgan,
about whom I blogged a couple of days ago
will also be there doing cooking demos.

I'm doing my own veggie chili at home,


watching my current team,
the Houston Texans,
whip up on Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Tough to watch 'cause in the late 70's & early 80's,
Bucs used to be my team.
(Mighty O'JAYS singing 
USED TO BE MY GIRL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj8SBcGNRWc&feature=related
QB was Doug Williams.
Coach John McKay.
Memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment