Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Vegan on the Cheap, May VegCookBook Club

Joined the VegCookBook Club at
http://vegcookbookclub.com
just before leaving town earlier this month. Lots of beautiful photos and interesting commentary from  
fellow vegans cooking from whatever book is selected for that month.
Selection for May is Robin Robertson's Vegan on the Cheap,



from which I adapted the Southern News Year's Stew, since I had most of the ingredients on hand, and wanted to use the last of the local collards, which were in my share box from my Rawfully Organic co-op.
<Rawfullyorganic.com>
Didn't have any potatoes, so I left that out, and increased the brown rice to 3/4 cup. Instead of cooking the greens beforehand, I added them to the stew during the last 20 minutes of cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment