Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cupcake Maker To The Rescue

My gift to myself for Valentine's Day 2011 was a Babycakes cupcake maker. 
 Hey - it was on sale...I had a coupon...I like cupcakes... it is cute...I got a pink one...

Tune up Earth Wind and Fire singing "Reasons, the reasons that we're here..."

I am a huge fan of Annie Leonard's The Story of Stuff,
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
so the justification for buying what seemed like an item only used for one thing had to be major for me.

You know the drill; I used it a couple of times, then it sat in the box for months, winking at me from the pantry closet. I thought about gifting it to someone, and gave myself 6 months to decide.

Enter the record breaking summer of 2011, with months of 100+ degree heat.
No way am I turning on the oven!

What's a baked-goods-loving-Belle to do? Mini-muffins to the rescue!

Craving cornbread? Mini corn muffins can handle that.
(To the tune of Graham Central Station singing "Can You Handle That...see what you did...")


These are from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite For Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes

Fresh Corn and Scallion Cornbread muffins.

First batch into the cupcake maker for 8-10 minutes.
 
Then cooling on the rack.

These are quite good, very moist, tasty, vegan of course, and best of all, no added heat in the house! I ended up with 24 bite-sized muffins, perfect for sopping up that last bit of pot liquor from a plate of greens, or gravy from a bowl of curry!

(Paraphrasing Black Oak Arkansas' Jim Dandy to the rescue singing "Cupcake Maker to the Rescue...")




No comments:

Post a Comment