Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Welcome to 2012 VEGAN MOFO - Day 10. Watermelon Slush

Welcome to MoFo Ten!

Last week, last night, tonight, 
and again, tomorrow night
I had/have the honor and privilege of
participating in fall college fairs,
and repping my alma mater
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY,
home of the SCARLET KNIGHTS!
(yes, in an RU State of Mind)
(ok, almost always in an RU state of mind!)


Using the last of this year's 
watermelon from my garden

My morning watermelon slushy smoothie
Very simple recipe...
(simply the best)
MizzBz Watermelon Slushy Smoothie
3 cups fresh watermelon chunks, divided
2 very ripe bananas, sliced
Freeze banana slices and 2 cups watermelon.
Place unfrozen watermelon in high speed blender (I use my Vitamix),
followed by frozen watermelon and bananas.
Blend until smooth. Enjoy.
Freeze leftovers.
The unfrozen watermelon on the bottom will liquefy, helping the blender blades turn. The bananas are natural sweeteners and keep the melon juice from forming ice crystals.


Using up the goodies,
organic veggies from my co-op half share,
Hugh Jazz Salad
(my main man)
 is joining me for lunch.
Romaine, beet greens, beets, carrots, celery, mushrooms, olives, grape tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, homemade walnut parma (recipe on MoFo Day 4), Engine2 basic dressing.

Simply Vegan
Simply 
THE BEST!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra12L1Bl0Z4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment