Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 19 - Playing with the toy

Welcome to Vegan MoFo Nineteen
- Day 19 of Vegan Month of Food 2011
Still playing with my new toy,
(tune in Kenny Loggins'
Playing With the Boys)
Babycakes Cupcake Makers sister,
Babycakes Pie Maker!

 No, I haven't gotten around to actually making pies in it...
Yet.
Still working on getting the feel of it...
For now it is Breakfast Time!
My usual for breaking the overnight fast is a nourishing green smoothie.

However, since weather cooled
(tune in Morris Day and the Time
performing Cool)
(temps dropped into the upper 50's overnight)
I'm in the mood for something warm and savory
(Sure, it's cool enough outside to fire up the oven, yet why bother when I've got this cutie to entertain me.)

Got some tempeh, green onions, garlic...
just right for savory 'sweet Italian Sausages' from 
Beverly Lynn Bennett's 
VEGAN BITES, 
Recipes for Singles.

Crumbled tempeh

Mixed in herbs, spices, and liquids

Shaped into patties

'Baked' in the pie maker

Served up with as a lovely compliment to the remaining half of my

 Sinfull Bakery Cinnamon Roll
It's vegan - so cruelty free.
Sin without the guilt!



1 comment:

  1. I so want one of those pie makers - just sent a link to Mr treehugger, fed up with hinting now I'm just direct.
    Fingers crossed santa brings me one.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete